Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#134593 - 12/01/2003 19:47 Which harness "Pinout" connections go to display?
DirtyDozen
stranger

Loc: ... they call us Massholes
My next confusing project:
On my AUX input of my Empeg is a connection from an external speaker output. Comming from a Mobile Police Scanner. It is all setup perfect, and sends local, police disbatch, over my car speakers.

One extra feature is a frequency reader, that I REALY want to equipt. (To identify the area that im listening to.) The problem is there is no, ideal, place to put it in my Jeep...

The Question:
(I already figured out the LED display setup of the frequency reader.)
Could I run the "information" directly to the Empeg's screen display??

- Possibly through the Empegs tuner connections.
Harness connections: PIN# 3 --> PIN# 7
(The scanner displays six digit's: 000.000)

#134594 - 13/01/2003 11:28 Re: Which harness "Pinout" connections go to displ [Re: DirtyDozen]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
You can't feed anythng directly to the display.

You'd need circuitry to send the info in serial form into the serial port (possible use of the tuner plug [which has a TTL level serial port] is discussed in another current thread)
Another possibility might be the coming Tuner Kit from Patrick - not sure exactly what features got implemented though...

Anyway, you'd then need a program that reads the serial port and creates the suitable bitmapped images (using some font) and then get the system to pick up teh info and incorporate it into the final screen image. Don't recall how far along HiJack etc is on this front...

All in all, not a trivial project.

/Michael